Date: April 13, 2016
Location: Multi purpose room
Attendees: Chris Bucchi, Gretchen Diedrick, Matt Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Jessica Alvarez, Lynn Anderson, Kim Robinson, Dawn Winter, Melissa Kaplan, Carey Dempsey, Beth Wilson, Dr. Tom Stiglic
Minutes: March meeting minutes reviewed and approved with the correction to the spelling of Chris Bucchi’s last name. [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Jessica Alvarez seconded]
Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:58PM.
Matt Weeks reviewed the Treasurer’s Report for Tera Weeks who was unable to attend. Total funds in checking/savings is $20,519.52. Approved expenses to date are $28,189.30. Amount spent to date $17,075.18.
- Sill in the staffing process for the upcoming school year
- Pleased with the turn out for Kindergarten tour
- Visit by Peter Roskam went well
- The teachers have been reminded to get checks in for the end of the month
- At May faculty meeting teachers will be discussing what the income from the Walkathon fundraiser could go toward
- Additional programs for students were discussed such as Story Works, Scholastic Newsletter, Book Exchange, etc. No decisions were made or voted on.
- Chris Bucchi to talk to teachers about Mystery Science program.
Assemblies – (Kim Robinson)
- Teachers felt the Mad Science assembly went well and suggested sending out a post assembly survey to teachers to get feedback for future assemblies.
- Committee will come back to May meeting to discuss funds needed for an October assembly.
Book Fair (Beth Wilson)
The $1,357.62 from the Book Fair goes to Mrs. Rivera who will spend it in the Fall 2016.
Box Tops (Kim Robinson)
Revolving class trophy for next school year was presented to PTC.
- Curriculum Night scheduled for August 24, 2016 – opportunity to sign up volunteers for PTC
- Savers Fundraiser scheduled for the weekend of April 16 – 17. Beth and Kim will sit with truck on Saturday; Melissa K and Carey to volunteer on Sunday.
- Flyers for Mother/Son event at Lasermax in Elgin were distributed. The deadline for signing up is April 22nd. Event is scheduled for May 4th.
- Carey Dempsey working on a mobile responsive website for PTC. Website address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos and minutes to be sent to Carey to post.
- May 2nd starts Teacher Appreciation week. Teacher breakfast planned for Tuesday and lunch on Wednesday. $200 motioned (Kim Robinson) and approved for Teacher Appreciation supplies.
Meeting adjourned 8:02PM.