Date: December 7, 2016
Location: Multi-purpose Room
Attendees: Dawn Winter, Chris Bucchi, Melissa Barreiro, Carey Dempsey, Pauline Di Novo-Kaspari, Beth Wilson, Jan Meloney, Maria Rocio del Valle, Melissa Kaplan, Sherri Walton Peterson, Tom Stiglic
Minutes: November 2016 meeting minutes reviewed and approved. [Carey Dempsey motioned to approve; Chris Bucchi seconded]
- Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:29PM.
- Beth Wilson reviewed Dr. Stiglic’s list of items that the PTC may want to help purchase for the school
- Dare shirts were ordered by the teachers; PTC has not received a bill
No Treasurer’s Report
- Dr. Stiglic thanked teachers and parents for all of their hard work
- After school stem classes starts January 12, 2017.
- Evening assembly request for February 16th will need to obtain permission from the Park District
- Book Fair was enjoyed by the kids.
- Teacher stipend checks were received.
- Confirmation needed for the Anti-bullying assembly scheduled for January 12, 2017
- Discussed “Stand for the Silent” as a possible assembly
- Carey Dempsey requested model number for project bulbs to conduct research on pricing
- Money earned by Student Council through the smencil sale will go toward Art supplies
- Student Council will be holding a food and winter clothing drive from January 17-January 27 for the People Resource Center in Wheaton.
Box Tops for Education (Mel Kaplan)
- School should be receiving payment for the Box Top submission by mid-December
- Mel will do a year end collection of Box Tops and Labels for Education on December 19th.
- November Book Fair Book fair raised $1,200 in “change wars”; Ms. Stout’s class raised the most money.
- Total sales for event was $8,303.27; scholastic dollars earned will be used for purchasing scholastic magazines which in the past has been paid for by parents
- Beth will need to order over the summer in order for the magazines to be delivered by the start of the following school year.
- Discussion regarding ink and toner cartridges recycling was discussed. Mel Kaplan to look into how much the school would earn per cartridge and if there are any costs such as shipping
- Mel Kaplan researching restaurant fundraiser; possibly Culvers or Chipotle
- Holiday Shoppe is scheduled for December 15-Decmeber 20. Volunteers needed for set up on December 14 and to work the event.
Reviewed the PTC events for 2017 which included:
- Bingo (Beth to speak with Bunky N. regarding January 20/27)
- Wolves Hockey (Dawn Winter to chair; tentatively scheduled for February)
- Father/Daughter Dance (Beth to check dates of 3/3 or 5/5 with chair person)
- Savers (Carey Dempsey will chair; scheduled for April 8 & 9)
- Spring Book Fair
- Mother/Son (Dawn Winter to look into Schaumburg Boomers game)
- Movie Night (undecided)
- 25 year celebration (undecided)
An Executive Board Meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, December 21st to review the Labels for Education Catalog.
A request for $446.05 to be used for PBIS was discussed, voted on and approved for up to $450. (Chris Bucchi motioned/Carey Dempsey seconded)
Next Meeting scheduled for January 11, 2017
Meeting adjourned 7:57PM.