Date: February 1, 2017
Location: Multi-purpose Room
Attendees: Melissa Barreiro, Jessica Alvarez, Angela Riani, Carey Dempsey, Beth Wilson, Courtney Garrity, Christina Bucchi, Jan Meloney, Melissa Kaplan, Tom Stiglic
Minutes: January 2017 meeting minutes reviewed. Approved with modification that the $300 allocation was for Bingo instead of the Daddy/Daughter Dance. [Carey Dempsey motioned to approve/Chris Bucchi seconded]
President (Beth Wilson):
Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:33PM.
* April PTC Meeting will be held at Epic Air in South Elgin. Maximum of 2 children per adult will get free admission.
Treasurer (Beth Wilson reported for Tera Weeks):
* Treasurer’s Report was reviewed and discussed. Net available shows $12, 920.71
* There were many questions related to the items on the report. Board to review with Tera by next meeting to better understand the current funds available.
Principal’s Report (Dr. Tom Stiglic):
* Request made to add the times to the list of upcoming PTC events
* Reviewed tentative class counts for the 2017-2018 school year.
o At this time only 2 classes are allocated for Kindergarten based on current registration. Incoming Kindergarten parents can register any day of the week but should call office to make an appointment.
o Based on current student registration, it appears that the school will reduce staff by one teacher for the upcoming school year.
* Beth to talk to Michelle Reynolds about purchasing a different 2017-2018 assignment notebook.
* The status of the Star Fall licensing was discussed; $300 was voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned to approve/Mel Kaplan seconded)
* Beth indicated that there is some confusion about who is responsible for placing order for items once the PTC has voted on and approved expenses. Melissa to create a draft “Request for Funds” form.
* Request for Grade 6 tiles was discussed and tabled.
Chicago Wolves (Beth Wilson reported for Dawn Winter)
Beth has created flyers and will distribute by Friday to teacher mailboxes.
Assemblies (Jessica Alvarez)
* “Magic in the Classroom” assembly scheduled for February 16, 2017 at 12:30PM & 1:30PM with a Family Night assembly at 6pm.
Box Tops for Education/Labels for Education (Mel Kaplan)
* Box Top information has been posted on the PTC Facebook page
* Box Tops is currently sponsoring a Hefty (garbage bags) campaign as well as offers that runs in conjunction with the Box Tops app. Daily entries can be made to both initiatives.
* An in-school drive will go through February 24th which will include a contest for the classroom that submits the most Box Tops.
Restaurant Fundraiser (Mel Kaplan)
* The Restaurant Fundraiser at Chipotle in Bloomingdale on Army Trail Road is scheduled for February 7th from 4pm-8pm.
* There will be a contest to see which class returns the most flyers to Chipotle during the fundraiser night
* After discussion regarding the Daddy/Daughter dance, a $2,500 budget was voted on and approved (Jessica Alvarez motioned to approve/Carey Dempsey seconded)
* Purchasing equipment for the back playground was discussed. $700 to be used toward the items discussed was voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned to approve/Melissa Barreiro seconded)
* The Centennial 25 Year Celebration will be held on May 25, 2017. Beth to meet with the teacher planning committee.
* The PTC scholarship application has been forwarded to guidance counselors at Bartlett High School. Carey to follow up with the South Elgin High School counselors. The information is also posted on the PTC website. Deadline for the scholarship is March 31, 2017.
* Dates for Savers Fundraiser were discussed. Access to the school is needed if collecting items in advance of the date. Chris Bucchi to follow up with Dr. Stiglic on access.
Next Meeting scheduled for March 1, 2017
Meeting adjourned 8:44PM.