Date: February 10, 2016
Location: Multi purpose
Attendees: Lynn Anderson, Bunky Norland, Mrs. Bucci, Mrs. Stoughton, Matt Weeks, Tera Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Kim Robinson, Dawn Winter, Beth Wilson, Carey Dempsey, Dr. Stiglic
Minutes: January meeting minutes reviewed and approved with a clarification that the $49 was the price for the 501c3 start-up kit only. [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Matt Weeks seconded]
President: Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:38PM. Beth thanked everyone for the success of the events that the PTC has been able to accomplish since the beginning of the year.
Bingo Night: Bunky Norland, chairperson for Bingo Night, reviewed the plans for the Bingo Night event scheduled for Friday, February 12, 2016 from 6pm-8pm.
- Entrance fee for event is a small toy
- Food to be sold includes pizza, candy, popcorn, nachos
- $175 budget for event + $100 for petty cash drawer was voted on and approved [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Tera Weeks seconded]
Treasurer: Tera Weeks, PTC Treasurer, reviewed new Treasurer’s Report. Total funds in checking/savings is $19, 376.94. Approved expenses were $20,551.10 and the total amount spent to date is $12,357.70. Other items discussed:
- Initial $150 teacher’s stipend due by March 2, 2016; $160 additional teacher stipend due by April 30, 2016.
- A hospitality budget to be created for March meeting.
- Other expenses were clarified during discussion including the previously approved freezer expense of $300 and assembly expenses discussed in committee reports below.
- Reimbursement procedure discussed including actual receipts needed when running a committee.
- A petty cash box preapproval discussed included in new items below.
Principal Report: Dr. Stiglic thanked the PTC for their hard work this school year. Centennial will have 26 FT teachers which includes specials and 2 FT Kindergarten (no PT Kindergarten on site) for the upcoming school year. A job is being posted for a PT paraprofessional for the Library.
Teacher’s Report: Mystery Science program for grades 2-6 was discussed. School membership is regularly $1,499 however if subscribed to before June 30th the price is only $499. Moby Max ended up being paid for by the district so may be able to allocate the $500 for Moby Max to Mystery Science. No decision made.
Beth requested a report on which teachers use which programs.
Assemblies – (Kim Robinson)
- Pro Kids Assembly planned for February 26, 2016 (2 in school assemblies & 1 family evening assembly). Cost is $1,575.
- Xtereme Science assembly planned for March 16, 2016 (2 in school assemblies). Cost is $750.
- Proposal for $3,000 assembly budget for the remainder of the school year was voted on and approved. [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Tera Weeks seconded]
Book Fair (Beth Wilson)
- Spring Book Fair is scheduled for 3/11-3/18.
- The Family Event will be held on March 17th from 6pm-8pm.
- Theme for this book fair is “Feeling Groovy”; plans for dress up days to promote book fair
Chicago Wolves Hockey Trip (Dawn Winter)
Dates for event were discussed; March 12, 2016 was finalized.
- Prices for event are $5.00 off regular priced ticket for 15-29 attendees and $16.75 per ticket for 30-74 attendees. Prices include ticket and hat.
- Tickets will be pre-ordered and PTC will issue one check to the Wolves.
- Flyer to Beth for distribution (language regarding $15 insufficient fund language required)
- $100 deposit for event was voted on and approved [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Lynn Anderson seconded]
Box Tops (Kim Robinson): Box Tops deadline is March 1, 2016.
Yearbook (Lynn Anderson)
- Classroom and activity pictured needed. March 2nd is team pictures
- $500 deposit voted on and approved [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Melissa Barreiro seconded]
- Tera to research invoice.
- Other Funds needing approval:
- $30 for AV battery voted on and approved [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Dawn Winter seconded]
- Daddy Daughter Dance (scheduled for March 3, 2016) budget of $2,800 voted on and approved [Carey Rupp motioned to approve; Kim Robinson seconded.
- Standing Petty Cash Box of $150 voted on and approved [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Carey Dempsey seconded]
- Savers Fund Raiser tentatively scheduled for the weekend of April 16 – 17 Clothes, linens and shoes will earn $0.20 per pound and Toys/Books & Household items will earn $.05 per pound. Communications for the event were discussed.
- Updating PTC website was discussed.
- Bi-laws distributed to Board Members. Updates required.
- Mother/Son event tentatively scheduled for May. Carey Dempsey to chair.
Meeting adjourned 8:03PM.