Date: March 9, 2016
Attendees: Chris Bucchi, Betsy Stoughton, Tera Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Kim Robinson, Dawn Winter, Beth Wilson, Dr. Tom Stiglic, Pauline Kaspain, Melissa Kaplan
Minutes: February meeting minutes reviewed and approved. [Kim Robinson motioned to approve; Betsy Stoughton seconded]
President: Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:32PM.
- Battle of the Books (BOB) program for the 2016-2017 school year was discussed. If no teachers or staff were interested in sponsoring BOB then a parent could volunteer.
- PTC to attend Kindergarten Open House in the spring and Curriculum night on August 24, 2016 to try to get more parent participation. Other ideas for increasing parent participation were discussed including a Back to School barbecue, Family Feathers and Text Messaging service reminders.
- Beth is planning on organizing a group for parents of special needs children
Treasurer: Tera Weeks, PTC Treasurer, reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. Total funds in checking/savings is $16,658.46. Approved expenses to date are $27,431.10, Amount spent to date $16,505.14. Target funds of $1,851 still need to be deposited. Other items discussed:
- Tera will not be able to hold the Treasurer position for the next school year.
- A weighted teacher’s stipend for 2016-2017 was discussed.
Principal Report: Betsy Stoughton is retiring. She has been a teacher representative of the PTC for over 17 years.
Teacher’s Report: The teacher representatives are trying to encourage teachers to come to the PTC events. PTC to provide list of events to teachers.
Assemblies – (Kim Robinson)
- Xtereme Science assembly planned for March 16, 2016 (2 in school assemblies). Cost is $750.
- Kim is researching assemblies for October 2016.
Book Fair (Beth Wilson)
- Spring Book Fair is scheduled for 3/11-3/18;
- The Family Event that will be held on March 17th from 6pm-8pm will include an Art Gallery
- Theme for this book fair is “Feeling Groovy”; plans for dress up day to promote book fair
Chicago Wolves Hockey Trip (Dawn Winter)
- Fifteen families (for a total of 40 tickets) signed up to attend the March 12th Chicago Wolves game.
- Need to include phone number and email addresses for any flyers that require sign up information for PTC events
Box Tops (Kim Robinson)
- Most recent submission raised $195.
- Discussed a revolving class trophy for next school year
- Savers Fundraiser scheduled for the weekend of April 16 – 17. Beth to research whether we can issue a receipt for tax purposes.
- Online yearbook order deadline is March 25, 2016.
- Carey Dempsey is organizing the Mother-Son event. $100 request for deposit approved. (Tera Weeks motioned for approval/Kim Robinson seconded)
- Bi-law changes to be discussed at separate Board Meeting. Need to review Board Members responsibilities.
- School supply kit orders will be online only for the 2016-2017 school year.
Meeting adjourned 8:03PM.