Date: May 11, 2016
Location: Multi-purpose Room
Attendees: Betsy Stoughton, Christina Bucchi, Matt Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Jessica Alvarez, Dawn Winter, Sherri Walton-Peterson, Melissa Kaplan, Carey Dempsey, Pauline Di Novo-Kaspari, Beth Wilson, Dr. Tom Stiglic
Minutes: April meeting minutes reviewed and approved. [Carey Dempsey motioned to approve; Betsy Stoughton seconded]
Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:36PM.
Matt Weeks reviewed the Treasurer’s Report for Tera Weeks who was unable to attend. Total funds in checking/savings is $16,455.17. Net available as of May 9th is $7,625.81. Savers fundraiser resulted in $665.80.
- Dr. Stiglic thanked the officers and volunteers for their hard work during the school year.
- For upcoming school year there will be 2 full-time Kindergarten classes as Centennial.
- The teachers thanked the PTC for the Teacher Appreciation activities.
- Teachers provided PTC with a Faculty “Wish List” which included recommendations on what specific items they would like to see funds raised for for the upcoming school year. List was reviewed and discussed.
Mother/Son Event (Carey Dempsey)
- Successful event approximately 100 people attended
- Discussion regarding cancellations and refunds policy for PTC events
Technology (Carey Dempsey)
- Discussion regarding new PTC website
- Go Daddy Registration expires next year; need PIN # for Account; Melissa to try to contact previous President
School Kits (Beth Wilson reporting for Michelle Reynolds)
Flyer being sent out this week; online orders only – supplies being sent directly to the student’s home address
Yearbook (Lyn Anderson)
Note regarding how to upload photos for 2016-2017 school year included in the yearbook
- Battle of the Books was discussed. PTC has identified two parents interested in volunteering. Principal needs to ask all staff first before parent volunteer can be assigned.
- PTC Facebook page was discussed and whether the comments should be turned off due to recent posts.
- Hospitality budget of $200 was voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned/Melissa Barreiro seconded)
- Mystery Science allocation of $499 voted on and approved (Melissa Kaplan motioned/Carey Dempsey seconded)
- $1,000 allocation to be used for Assemblies for the beginning of the next school year was voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned/Dawn Winter seconded)
Important Dates for 2016-2017 school year:
- Boo Hoo Breakfast – August 17, 2016
- Back to School Picnic – August 24, 2016
- Walk-a-thon – September 22, 2016
- Fun Fair – October 28, 2016
Back to School Picnic budget of $500 for DJ, Food & Beverages voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned/Dawn Winter seconded)
Boo Hoo Breakfast budget of $200 was voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned/Melissa Barreiro seconded)
Board Election results:
- President – Beth Wilson
- 1st Vice President – Carey Dempsey
- 2nd Vice President – Melissa Kaplan
- Secretary – Melissa Barreiro
- Co Treasurer(s) – Tera Weeks & Paluine DiNovo-Kaspari
Meeting adjourned 8:12PM.