Date: October 5, 2016
Location: Multi-purpose Room
Attendees: Dawn Winter, Sherri Walton-Peterson, Efrain De Luna, Christina Bucchi, Matt Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Carey Dempsey, Pauline Di Novo-Kaspari, Beth Wilson, Tera Weeks, Angie Riami, Jan Meloney, Maria Rocio del Valle, Tom Stiglic
Minutes: September 2016 meeting minutes reviewed and approved. [Carey Dempsey motioned to approve; Matt Weeks seconded]
Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 6:35PM.
* We made our Walkathon goal.
* Box Tops will be used toward Music Wish List items.
* Scholastic dollars will be used for the 2017-2018 school year for classroom magazines
* PTC Calendar of Events distributed
Treasurer’s Report was distributed and reviewed. Tera Weeks reported net available funds is $19,769.49 and about $6,400 of that goes toward annual allocations (see handout) leaving approximately $10,000 to spend (not including AR expense).
* Dr. Stiglic thanked teachers and parents for all of their hard work
* This year is Centennial’s 25 year anniversary; a possible PTC celebration was discussed
* Positive feedback about Walkathon was received
* Request for accelerated reader subscription renewal of $1,917.55 discussed; voted on and approved (motioned by Carey Dempsey/seconded by Dawn Winter)
* Very positive student feedback on Bubble assembly
* Teacher “wish list” items discussed
* Teacher stipend of $150 per teacher for a total of $4,410 was discussed, voted on and approved (motioned by Matt Weeks/Carey Dempsey seconded)
Tera Weeks reported that Walkathon earned $18,172.29 to date. Still waiting for some outstanding matching donations.
* Nine teachers made their classroom goal
* Higher per person fundraising dollar amount but a lower number of participants than last year
* Prizes will be delivered at the end of the month
Matt Weeks reported on the status of the Fun Fair scheduled for October 28, 2016 from 6pm-8pm.
* Still looking for teacher, parent or high school student volunteers
* Student Council will be selling smencils at Fun Fair
* Deadline to pre-order tickets and wristbands is Friday, October 14; will be delivered on following Monday
* Discussed the drop off of baked goods for the Cake Walk.
* National Karate will be attending with a prize wheel
* All attendees visited the ILP classroom for a demonstration on how the Smart Board is utilized
* Anti-bullying assembly scheduled for January 12, 2016
* Fall Book Fair is scheduled for November 11-18
Meeting adjourned 8:22PM.