Date: September 7, 2016
Location: Multi-purpose Room
Attendees: Christina Bucchi, Matt Weeks, Melissa Barreiro, Jessica Alvarez, Melissa Kaplan, Carey Dempsey, Pauline Di Novo-Kaspari, Beth Wilson, Tera Weeks, Amy Karolewicz, Mary Keenon, Rick Blanford, Andrea Scott, Angie Riani, Jan Meloney, Maria Rocio del Valle, Tami Stout, Tom Stiglic
Minutes: May 2016 meeting minutes reviewed and approved. [Melissa Kaplan motioned to approve; Tera Weeks seconded]
Meeting called to order by Beth Wilson at 7:09PM.
- Spirit Wear order forms were sent home today. Parents will have one week to place the order to receive the spirit wear by Walkathon.
- Carey Dempsey reviewed the Parent Survey with the attendees.
- Survey indicated that parents thought PTC should be fundraising and organizing events.
- Increase in technology was also a notable request made by survey participants. Color printers, smart tables and smart boards were discussed. Committee to tour the ILP classroom to see some of the technology provided by district.
- Survey also indicated that parents wanted materials to support Art & Music initiatives.
- Copy of full survey will be posted on the PTC website
- PTC Website had 161 visitors viewing 3.3 pages, Carey to update staff directory.
2nd Vice President:
Mel Kaplan reported that the next collection date for Box Tops is November 1, 2016. She will be sending out more information with submission to PTC deadline around the second week of October.
Tera Weeks reported that the 501c3 process has been completed. She spent just over $400 although $900 was budgeted. Treasurer’s report was reviewed. Net available funds as of September 6, 2016 is $7,691.41.
- Dr. Stiglic thanked teachers and parents for the Back to School Picnic
- STEM science class will be in Room 103
- Computer/Keyboarding classes started
- Mandarin classes will be offered and taught by an outside vendor
- Spanish classes will be offered taught by Ms. del Valle
- No play this school year; next play will be 2017-2018.
- Shoes for walkathon are being colored
- Pens and pledge sheets were received and distributed
- Student Council meets tomorrow; Mrs. Bucchi is the teacher sponsor.
- Tentative Teacher’s Wish List is being discussed; the need for chairs for the computer lab was discussed; estimate for chairs is between $129-$167 ($1,500 total expense)
- Top sponsors are businesses that donate $200 or more in money or prizes; will be featured on bulletin board, have a link to their company on webpage and be included in traveling board. Suggestion was made to include on the Centennial newsletters for next year.
- Big Prizes include Chromebook ($139); $150 gift card, $100 gift card; $50 gift card; Parking Spot
- Areas at the Walkathon include bubbles, photo, hula hoop/jump ropes and DJ
- Volunteers can sign up through signupgenius.com website.
- Spirit week dress up will be the same week as Walkathon which will include Mix Match Monday, Tie Dye Tuesday, Wear Stripes Wednesday, Spirit Wear Thursday and Flashback Friday.
Matt Weeks reported that Fun Fair will be held on October 28, 2016 from 6pm-8pm. There is no student attendance on that day.
- Will have 2-3 planning meeting prior to Fun Fair; first planning meeting will be after Walkathon
- Looking for station leaders for food, games, and crafts
- Requested Teacher Pumpkins for raffle like last year.
- Haunted House in motor room discussed
- Last year spent $2,037; income was $4,713
- Budget not to exceed $2,400 voted on and approved (Carey Dempsey motioned/Jessica Alvarez seconded)
- Battle of the Books teacher sponsor is Gretchen Diedrich; Books are ordered ($1,300 expense)
- Teacher stipend payments will not be paid until after Walkathon
- Beth to send list of events to teachers so that the teachers can be represented at each event
- $3,400 budget for assemblies was voted on and approved (Tera Weeks motioned/Carey Dempsey seconded)
- New Forms for reimbursements created; electronic copies on website.
Meeting adjourned 8:22PM.